LOS ANGELES, CA — LigoLab Information System, a leading provider of innovative software for pathology groups and reference laboratories, today announced that its TestDirectly Direct-to-Consumer Portal can help labs prepare for what’s expected to be a large increase in COVID-19 testing in the new year. The demand is expected to go up once new requirements put forth by the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) take effect on January 4, 2022.
The OSHA mandate, which was first announced by the White House back in November, calls for private sector employers with 100 or more employees to either ensure that all of their employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or that their unvaccinated employees take a COVID-19 test on at least a weekly basis.
Although the mandate is currently pending after a challenge from both state attorneys general and private employers, the requirement will soon impact tens of millions of employees that make up roughly 60 percent of the workforce, and the demand for viral COVID-19 testing is expected to reach levels that haven’t been witnessed for months.
To handle this increased workload, labs will need to be able to add capacity without sacrificing turnaround times, and employers will need a cost-effective and integrated solution to help them track and manage the health status of their employees. Failure to do so will result in significant financial penalties.
“Whether you’re a lab manager or an employer, operationalizing large-scale COVID-19 testing from the ground up is extremely difficult, not to mention a drain on resources,” said LigoLab CEO Suren Avunjian. “With TestDirectly, we offer a proven turn-key solution that can quickly become the centerpiece of any organizational testing program.”
TestDirectly saves the laboratory and their customers time and resources by removing paper forms and manual processes. It replaces both with end-to-end efficiencies that begin with patient self-registration and continue through to automated notification of the patient’s test result. The portal integrates with all LIS and RCM (billing systems), and implementation of the platform within a lab’s workflow is typically completed within two weeks.
“TestDirectly streamlines all collection, testing, and reporting processes, enabling lab personnel to do what they do best while supporting their business community,” said Avunjian. “The portal is intuitive, adaptable, and built to handle any collection workflow. Once implemented, it becomes a scalable software solution for any lab that’s interested in adding organizational testing to the services it offers.”
TestDirectly supports all forms of COVID-19 testing, including pooled testing, and it’s built for high throughput. It’s also built to manage multiple site organizational testing workflows. These features and more give labs the ability to take on business clients seeking an organizational testing partner.
The TestDirectly Direct-to-Consumer Portal:
- Creates and organizes testing events based on employee variables (job position, job location, etc.).
- Features employee self registration and scheduling, plus a paper-free QR code check-in.
- Supports the CSV upload of employee demographics and tracks employee testing histories.
- Includes customizable Ask on Order Entry (AOE) questions, plus brandable requisition and report templates.
- Features customizable Terms of Services per organization and the lab with required acceptance.
- Features specimen barcoding and tracking support with multiple labeling options.
- Includes employee email and/or SMS notification reminders for testing events and for when results are available.
- Enables the real-time administrative monitoring of test orders and test results.
- Includes defined permissions for users set by the administrator to control functionality and access to reports based on variables (department, facility, etc.).
- Built-in LIS to result for rapid testing or PCR testing (can also be integrated into an in-house LIS).
- Supports the CSV download of employee test results.
- Features SMART Card and CommonPass integration (COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification via QR code).
- Automates the reporting of real-time results to public health agencies.
“Whether it’s a PCR test analyzed by the lab or a rapid antigen test with results onsite, employers will need a lab partner that can help them easily and accurately track and manage the health status of their employees,” said Avunjian.
- This press release was originally published on the LigoLab Information System website